|In our eleventh growing season, the garden welcomes participation from students, neighbors, families, Sisters of St. Joseph and Consociates, and all who want to|
We garden two plots communally; sharing the work and the produce. Join with us on Tuesday nights from 6 - 8 p.m.
- learn organic/sustainable growing methods
- enjoy healthy heirloom produce
- build community with Earth and other gardeners
- participate in a local food system
- share the harvest
Spring Garden Gatherings:
For more information, contact Jennifer Tacheny at email@example.com. To keep in touch, "like" us on Facebook, where we post updates, photos, and harvest totals.
- Saturday, April 30, 10 a.m. - 12 – CSJ Earth Day, Prepare Garden Beds
- Tuesday, May 17, 4:30 p.m. - Compost bin rebuild and helping Sisters with garden preparation
- Tuesday, May 24, 6 - 8 p.m. – Plant in the Garden
Find community garden receipts here.
Campus Bee Hives Celeste’s Dream Community Garden partners with St. Kate’s Biology Department and The Beez Kneez llc in hosting two honey bee hives on the university campus. We grow bee friendly plants and help to educate folks about the current plight of bees. See live BeeCam here:
https://www.stkate.edu/academics/bachelors-degrees/academic-programs/biology (scroll down to “Watch live BeeCam” link).
Honey Bee Facts, Safety and More >>
Bee Friendly Plant List
- Heirloom Tomato
- Anise hyssop
- Lemon Balm
- Walking Thyme
- Bee’s Friend
- Genovese Basil
- Heirloom Zinnias
- Holly Hocks
- Sun flowers