Community Garden 2017Weekly gardening Tuesdays 6:00-8:00 p.m. May through October.
Celeste’s Dream Community Garden
- Learn organic growing methods
- Enjoy healthy heirloom produce
- Participate in a local food system
- Build community with Earth and other gardeners
- Share the harvest
Upcoming Community Garden Events
You are welcome to join us for harvest, cultivation, food processing and potluck gatherings.
- Tuesday, February 7, 6 – 8 pm - Garden Planning and soup dinner
- Tuesday, March 21, 6 – 8 pm – Seedling Planting in Holy Week
- Saturday, April 29, 9:30 a.m. - 12 p.m. - CSJ Earth Day: Work the Land, Celebrate Earth and Community
- Tuesday, May 2, 6 – 8 pm – Seedling Transplanting
Find community garden recipes here.
For more information, contact Jennifer Tacheny at email@example.com. To keep in touch, "like" us on Facebook, where we post updates, photos, and harvest totals.
2016 Harvest Totals2016 garden harvest total = 580 pounds. This is nearly twice as much as we harvested in 2015!
Campus Bee Hives Celeste’s Dream Community Garden partners with St. Kate’s Biology Department and The Beez Kneez llc in hosting two honey bee hives on the university campus. We grow bee friendly plants and help to educate folks about the current plight of bees. See live BeeCam here:
https://www.stkate.edu/academics/bachelors-degrees/academic-programs/biology (scroll down to “Watch live BeeCam” link).
In partnership with St. Kate’s Bees Project
Honey Bee Facts, Safety and More >>
Bee Friendly Plant List
- Heirloom Tomato
- Anise hyssop
- Lemon Balm
- Walking Thyme
- Bee’s Friend
- Genovese Basil
- Heirloom Zinnias
- Holly Hocks
- Sun flowers