In 2011, the Sisters of St. Joseph and the Presbyterian Homes collaborated to build a senior community upon the ground where the Sisters had built a retirement center. The new senior housing was named Carondelet Village which includes a care center, assisted living, memory care and independent living apartments.
The Director of the Health and Resident Services Office wishes to hire an assistant. This job entails a variety of tasks including working with the office staff, the Sisters and staff from Carondelet Village. This position assists with the Sisters who reside at Carondelet Village to ensure that the Sisters needs are met from basic needs to nursing visits and consultation. The office, including service staff and volunteers, is the hub for these services.
- Acts as a point of contact between the Director and the Sisters, the office staff, the staff of Carondelet Village, other residents and families. Be able to stand in and make decisions when director is unavailable or out of the office.
- There is written information that will need to be processed and understood. With this comes a high level of decision making that includes healthcare, DNR/DNI, follow-thru all which are of a confidential nature.
- Experience required that proves you can think on your feet and work with very little supervision.
- Must be able to multi-task, delegate and be comfortable in an environment with interruptions.
- Answers calls and distributes mailings and materials to residents and staff.
- Extends hospitality to CSJ residents, other staff and assists with needs and queries as appropriate.
- Maintains the confidential files of the Sisters including the addition of updated material and providing information maintaining confidentiality of the Sisters.
- Ability to use Microsoft and Excel proficiency.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Coordinate and schedule meetings as needed.
- Take minutes at meetings.
- Orders and obtains office supplies.
- Completes and mails Change of Address Post Office cards for Sisters who have moved within the building.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Experience as an assistant to management.
- Must have experience working with geriatrics or senior living residents.
- An effective team contributor.
- Ability to function within a busy often congested office.
- Able to think and process what needs to be done at a moment’s notice or in time of urgency.
This position is 30 hours per week and benefit eligible.
For training purposes may work up to 40 hours to begin with.
We are located on the bus line and do offer free parking.
Benefits include: PTO, Medical, Dental, Life, LTD, and Retirement.
For more information and/or to apply for open positions, please contact Apply@csjstpaul.org