Explore and Inquire
Inquiry is a time during which you become acquainted with the community, Sisters, Consociates, St. Joseph Workers, Friends of St. Joseph, Ministries and Partners.
- You are invited to participate in public community events, prayer experiences and educational opportunities.
- You will meet with the Consociate team to process whether you have an experience of the present CSJ/St. Paul community; share CSJ values; and are ready to begin Consociate candidacy.
If you decide you’d like to further your exploration, you may apply to be a Candidate. For an application, contact Joan Pauly Schneider at firstname.lastname@example.org or 651.690.7063. The application includes:
- Application form;
- Short autobiography including your spiritual journey;
- Essay on what draws you to the mission of the CSJs, the experiences you’ve had within the community, and why you want to become a Consociate;
- And two references; one from a CSJ Sister or Consociate and another from a close colleague or friend.
Become a Candidate
Candidacy is typically a two year program, in which you gather monthly to:
- Explore the history, charism, mission and ministry of the Sisters of St. Joseph of Carondelet and Consociates.
- Share your spiritual journey within a community of other Candidates and ask critical questions about issues facing our world in these times.
- Engage in the CSJ community life by participating in Wisdom Ways events, Justice Working Groups, Community and Consociate Assemblies as well as retreats, rituals, and ceremonies.
Make a Commitment
After you complete your Candidacy program, apply and upon acceptance, you will participate in the Commitment Ritual. You will state the following in your own words:
I commit myself to live the mission of the Sisters of St. Joseph of Carondelet and Consociates, St. Paul Province, moving always toward profound love of God and neighbor without distinction. I pledge myself to live the vision and values of the community as a Consociate within the context of my life and responsibilities.