Director of Human Resources
Full Time – Exempt
This role is responsible for the CSJ Province, St. Mary’s Health Clinics and CSJ Ministries Foundation overall function of Human Resources including programs, services and policies. This position performs the hands on tasks required to ensure the smooth day-to-day operations related to Human Resources which include coordination of activities related to employee recruitment, hiring, discipline, benefits, compensation, retention and payroll administration. Administers employee salary and benefit programs. Serves as an employee advocate. Supervises department staff /employees handling Human Resources functions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or related field.
- Minimum of seven years’ experience in Senior Human Resource Generalist position with 2-4 years in a supervisory role.
- Experience in non-profit setting preferred.
- Active affiliations with appropriate Human Resource networks and organizations: SPHR certification or equivalent required.
- Experience in the administration of benefits and compensation programs.
- Experience with processing payroll; familiarity with ADP a plus.
- Excellent computer skills in Microsoft office (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Broad knowledge and experience in employee benefits, employee relations, State and Federal employment law/practices and training.
If interested, please submit cover letter and resume to: Sisters of St. Joseph of Carondelet, c/o: HR, 1884 Randolph Avenue, St. Paul, MN 55105 or e-mail: HRdocuments@csjstpaul.org.
20 hours per week:
Day hours: 9am – 2pm, Wednesday
Evening hours: 6:30pm to 11:30pm
Position 2: Tuesday—Thursday—Saturday
Sarah’s… an Oasis for Women is a home dedicated to safety and dignity for a diverse community of women where they can begin new and productive lives. Sarah’s is located in the Highland Park neighborhood of St. Paul. Find more information at www.SarahsOasis.org.
- Provide a peacemaking presence
- Provide security
- Wash/dry/fold one load of Laundry
- Take out trash
- Clean oven tops
- Sanitize kitchen surfaces
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and appropriate relationship boundaries
- Ability to interact effectively with trauma survivors with diverse backgrounds and language skills
- Ability to respond effectively to conflicts and emergencies
- Ability to communicate clearly by phone, in writing, and email
- Ability to meet physical demands of the position
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
If interested, email or send cover letter and resume to:
Sisters of St. Joseph of Carondelet
C/O Human Resources
1884 Randolph Avenue
St. Paul, MN 55105
CSJ – Health and Resident Services Assistant
Wednesday – Friday – Saturday, 2:30 p.m. to 10:30 p.m.
The Resident Services Assistant position is responsible for assisting and providing support to the Sisters residing at Carondelet Village in the Independent Living, Assisted Living and Care Center areas.
- High school/GED required.
- Minimum of one year nursing assistant or Human Services experience strongly preferred.
- Experienced with Microsoft Office; particularly Word and Excel.
- Ability to work effectively with others
- Good communication skills
- Must be able to work flexible hours.
- Must be able to meet the physical demands of the position, heavy lifting, pushing, pulling, stooping, bending, reaching, walking and standing for long periods of time.
If interested, please submit cover letter and resume to: Sisters of St. Joseph of Carondelet, c/o: HR, 1884 Randolph Ave., St. Paul, MN 55105 or email: HR@csjstpaul.org.
Carondelet Center Assistant – Event Host
On Call Hours – For Scheduled Events at Carondelet Center
We have a part time Event Host position available at Carondelet Center in St. Paul. This position is responsible for executing events from beginning to end, assisting with room set-up, food and beverage service and receptionist duties. This position will greet and direct individuals and groups for events/meetings at Carondelet Center, as well as clean up after the events.
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED). Post high school education preferred.
- Minimum of one year experience with food service preferred.
- Must be able to work with the public.
- Ability to create a hospitable presence and welcoming atmosphere required.
- Ability to read and interpret a Banquet Event Order (BEO) for each event.
- Interest in conference and retreat facilities and a willingness to learn preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills along with exceptional interpersonal communication skills.
- Must be able to speak fluent English.
- Must be able to work independently along with anticipating the needs of the groups.
- Must be able to meet the physical demands of the position heavy lifting, pushing, pulling, stooping, bending, reaching, walking and standing for long periods of time.
If interested, submit cover letter and resume to Human Resources, 1884 Randolph Ave., St. Paul, MN 55105. Email: HR@csjstpaul.org