Dismantling Racism Working Group
Mission and Goals
The Dismantling Racism Working Group is dedicated to raising awareness of the effects of racism in ourselves, our systems, and our society, and discerning how we are called to build the Beloved Community, based on love, justice, and equal opportunity for all.
We encourage exploration of these resources for the month of April:
Some Resources on Dismantling Racism
- Tuesday, April 3: Basilica of St Mary: Ecumenical Prayer for Unfinished Work to honor the Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. on the 50th anniversary of his assassination at 7 p.m.
- Thursday, April 12: St. Olaf Church in downtown Mpls., Discussions That Encounter, Students from Christo Rey High School, racism and youth, 6:30 – 8:30 (dinner included!)
- Thursday, April 26: Plymouth Congregational Church, (1900 Nicollet Ave. S, Minneapolis), Discussions That Encounter, Sam Mukasa on the insidiousness of racial bias, 6:30 – 8:30 (dinner included!)
- The Hate U Give, by Angie Thomas
- Waking Up White, by Debby Irving
- Just Mercy, Bryan Stevenson
- Racial Justice and the Catholic Church, Fr. Bryan Massingale
For more information contact Marty Roers at firstname.lastname@example.org.