Confronting Whiteness and Racism Working Group
The Confronting Whiteness and Racism Working Group (formerly the Dismantling Racism Working Group) is dedicated to raising awareness of the effects of racism in ourselves, our systems, our society, and discerning how we are called to build the Beloved Community, based on love, justice, and equal opportunity for all. For more information contact Marty Roers at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Statement on Racism and Commitment to Direct Action
by the US Federation of the Sisters of St Joseph
Listen and Learn
Learning opportunities in our area.
SAVE THE DATE
11:00 am – 1:00 pm CST
Racism…A Thoughtful Dialogue on the Christian Response to Racial Justice
sponsored by Ignatian Volunteer Corps Minneapolis/Saint Paul
You are invited to virtually attend a world premiere conversation on social justice and response to racial justice issues. Facilitated by Twin City attorney, Roshan Rajkumar, renowned authors Rev. James Martin, SJ and Rev. James Wallis will have a dialogue concerning the racial transitions that awakened us during these turbulent times.
More info at IVC Facebook Page
Click here to browse our ever-evolving bookshelf.
Other resources for learning about racism and white supremacy.
Prayer to End Racism
Prayer for a Violent Nation
What you can do right now.
How do you get from diversity to inclusion? Ask these 4 questions about your meetings.
- Finishing Becoming Human series
- Introducing a small Narrative Medicine/Media Arts group/series, and possibly a book group/film screenings
- Building relationships w/ legislators (especially People of Color and Indigenous [POCI] Caucus)
- Creating a communications plan
- Breaking silos/building relationships w/ other working groups (Legislative Advocacy Partners, Criminal Justice, Immigration, Native American Awareness, Health Care for All, LGBTQ+ Connections)
- Encouraging more participation by working group members
For more information contact Marty Roers at 651-690-7054 or email@example.com.