We are the Sisters of St. Joseph
Moving always toward profound love of God and love of neighbor without distinction.
(Sisters of St. Joseph Consensus Statement)
The Sisters of St. Joseph of Carondelet and Consociates commit to continuing Jesus’ mission in the world by responding to the needs of our time. In the spirit of the Gospel, we work toward right relationships with God, persons, creation and Earth.
We strive to foster the common good through advocacy, creative arts, education, healthcare, social service, and spirituality.
Strength for this mission comes from fidelity to community, prayer, our practice of “sharing the heart,” and celebrating the rituals of church and community.
Following are some documents and statements that guide and inspire Sisters (hyperlink) and Consociates (hyperlink) in living our mission.
- Gospels: Early Christian communities’ recordings of Jesus’ mission and teaching.
- Foundational Scripture of our mission and spirituality:
Philippians 2.1-18 – “In your minds you must be the same as Jesus.” (Phil. 2.5)
Ephesians 3.14-20 – “Glory be to this Source of Power who in working in us can do infinitely more than we can ask or imagine.” (Eph. 3.20)
- Acts of Chapter set direction for Carondelet Congregation: Call us to Communion with Each Other, Neighbor, Church, and Creation
- The Constitution of the Sisters of St. Joseph of Carondelet directs Sisters’ lives, organization, and membership. The Constitution offers a framework for Sisters to live mission and teaching of Jesus.
- Consensus Statement of the Sisters of St. Joseph
- Sisters’ vows are public vows of chastity, poverty, and obedience.
- Attend The CSJ Way to learn more about this community of spirituality and justice.
- Consociate Spirit Statement: Expresses the vision Consociates hold.
- Consociate Commitment: Public statement of a Consociate to live the vision and values of the Sisters of St. Joseph within the context of their life and responsibilities.